The demonstration event of the LIFE Pastoralp project took place on 7 October at the Parc National des Ecrins.
Participants were able to discover:
- the mountain pasture “alpage of Crouzet-Les Lauzes”;
- the results of vegetation studies and the evolution of the vegetation according to the practices and the climate change;
- the studies on phenology with NDVI and Time lapse;
- the works on adaptations strategies and management plans with a climate component.
The afternoon was an opportunity to present the agriculture and the issues about “Vallée d’Aoste” and “Hautes-Alpes”, the agro-climate profile made in the Alpages sentinelles program and exchanges on these subjects.
The day after took place the Stakeholder visits:
- “Ferme de la Reste” in Châteauroux-les-Alpes which make cow’s milk cheese;
- “Ferme des Ecrins” in Les Vigneaux which make goat’s milk cheese.